The Nintendo Wii, like its predecessors, is the all-time best selling console out there. In spite of the gains that the XBOX and Sony PlayStation are making the Nintendo Wii is far ahead when you look at sales of the console and games. What has made the Wii a best seller is the type of games, ease of play and the overall popularity of the Nintendo brand.
Over the course of a year, hundreds of games and accessories are released for the Nintendo Wii – some catch on, while others can be found within months for as much as 90% off of the MSRP – but some games continue to command respect and high prices despite their age.
We’ve put together the Top 25 Games for the Nintendo Wii – these games continue to show up in Top 10/20/50/100 lists because they are good and gamers are still willing to pay the original prices for these games. You will find few of these games in the used bins at reduced prices.
Where we felt, we’ve added our own commentary for the games mentioned.
- Metroid Prime 3: Corruption – Metroid has been a staple in the Nintendo games catalog for years.
- Super Mario Galaxy – Super Mario is a household name, any game that features this lovable character will always capture the hearts (and pocketbooks) of gamers everywhere.
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – The Zelda series of games is another staple in Nintendo’s games catalog. This is one of the original role playing games, and has garnered a loyal following.
- Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure
- Super Paper Mario – It’s Mario and it’s Super, what more can you say?
- de Blog
- Wii Fit – This wouldn’t be a top 25 list if we didn’t include the Wii Fit, there is still a lot of debate whether the Wii Fit will help you lose weight, and stay fit, but until there is a clear winner people are buying the Wii Fit, accessories and software for it.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl – A game that pits player against player AKA Mortal Kombat or any single or two player fighting or wrestling game, but the twist here? You play using some beloved characters from the Nintendo universe.
- Resident Evil 4
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- SSX Blur
- Scarface: The World Is Yours
- Trauma Center: New Blood
- Boom Blox: Bash Party
- Medal of Honor Heroes 2
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 – This game has been called revolutionary, and unique. If that doesn’t make you buy it, then nothing will – especially if you are a sports game fan.
- No More Heroes
- Mario Kart Wii – I could speak for hours about this game, and probably write as much. It’s been in the top sellers list of many major retailers for years for the simple reason, it’s multi-player and it’s fun. You will not get tired of it. My son and I have played this game over 3,000 times (the Wii tracks how much you’ve played the game).
- Excite Truck
- Mad World
- Tiger Woods PGA World Tour 10 – Forget about what he’s done and try the game. You will love it.
- Excitebots: Trick Racing – If you like racing, and you like Excite Truck you will like this.
- The Conduit – Got this game, and it’s tough to put it down though I wouldn’t let younger kids play it as some of the scenes are really meant for older kids or adults playing.